News from Secure Care and our Distributors
- SAF Technologies, Inc. Awarded Installer of the Year - Last week at ISC West, SAF Technologies, Inc. was awarded the 2018 SAMMY Award for Installer of the Year for small to midsize companies! Congratulations to SAF Technologies on such an achievement. This award is given annually “for demonstrating superior professionalism in all aspects of business operations.” We are proud to call them one of our partners!
- New Panic Button Laws Cropping Up Around the Country - Providing Panic Buttons in Hotels Can Improve Staff Safety...and Overall Efficiency The #MeToo movement has taken the world by storm over the last several months. It has also given momentum to efforts in the hospitality industry to improve conditions for its most at-risk workers by requiring the use of panic buttons. Hotel staff responsible for serving guests, and cleaning/maintaining guest rooms have reported very high rates of sexual harassment and assault. The high rates of harassment are due to a variety of factors that makes this group of workers particularly vulnerable. Factors that make these workers more vulnerable to harassment ...Continue Reading
- Is Your Facility Prepared for an Active Shooter Emergency? - By now, healthcare facilities are familiar with the CMS emergency preparedness rule. This rule provides “best practices” for disaster and emergency preparedness. But many sites, especially long-term care facilities, often overlook preparedness when it comes to an active shooter/armed intruder emergency. While it is a difficult scenario to think about, it is something that must be considered. Planning and preparation accordingly will ensure the best possible outcome in the event of such a tragedy. Long-term care facilities face especially difficult challenges with regard to an active shooter event. With residents requiring varying levels of assistance and an environment that is ...Continue Reading
- Emergency Communication Best Tool for Nurse and Staff Safety - The United States Department of Labor warns, “Workers in hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare settings face significant risks of workplace violence. Many factors contribute to this risk, including working directly with people who have a history of violence or who may be delirious or under the influence of drugs…In fact, healthcare accounts for nearly as many serious violent injuries as all other industries combined.” Hospitals and other healthcare facilities are instituting plans and tools to prevent incidents and protect their nurses and other staff. Some of the most valuable strategies and tools for caring for our caregivers is available ...Continue Reading
Events & Tradeshows
- Expo Seguridad 2018 - Join our partner, VIP System at Expo Seguridad 2018! This is the largest exhibition of security in Mexico. Stop by VIP System's booth (#2555) to learn about the variety of security products they offer, including Secure Care Products solutions for wander management, infant protection and RTLS! What: Expo Seguridad Mexico 2018 When: April 24-26, 2018 Where: Ciudad de Mexico, Centro Citibanamex
- Leading Age ME & NH 2018 Conference & Expo: Life on Purpose - Secure Care Products and ESL Distributing at Leading Age Maine & New Hampshire 2018 Conference & Expo Secure Care Products is proud to join ESL Distributing at the Leading Age Maine & New Hampshire 2018 Conference and Expo in Portsmouth, NH April 11-12, 2018. This year's theme is Life On Purpose and is sure to be 2 days full of education and networking opportunities. Register to attend the show now and stop by to see us at the expo. We'd be happy to show you some of the fantastic security and protection solutions we have to offer your facility!
- HIMSS18 – March 2018 in Las Vegas! - Secure Care Products will be at Booth #11647 for HIMSS18 March 5-8, 2018 you'll find the Secure Care Products team at the HIMSS18 Exhibition Hall. You can find us in Booth #11647 on Level 1, Hall G of the beautiful Venetian-Palazzo-Sands Expo Center. Secure Care Products will be showcasing its ENVisionIT® RTLS (real-time location system), Door GUARDIAN® wander management and KinderGUARD® infant protection systems. Contact us to set up an appointment ahead of the show, or stop by our booth while you're there! We'd love to show you how our systems can help improve the overall performance of your facility. ...Continue Reading
- Join Us at HealthAchieve 2017 in Toronto - Secure Care Products will be in Booth #1624 at this year's HealthAchieve conference and tradeshow .....and we want to see you! We'd love the opportunity to show you how our wander management and infant protection systems can make your life easier while providing tremendous value for your facility and giving your staff, patients and residents peace of mind. And if you've been considering making the leap into real-time locating systems, there's no better time! Stop by our booth and let us explain the benefits of the Secure Care Products ENVisionIT® RTLS system. From staff duress to patient monitoring to asset tracking ...Continue Reading
- Visit us at the 2017 Leading Age Annual Meeting & Expo! - Secure Care Products will be in Booth #2420 at this year's Leading Age Annual Meeting & Expo.....and we want to see you! We'd love the opportunity to tell you how our Door GUARDIAN® wander management system can better protect your residents so you can focus on providing the best care and service. And if you already have our wander management system in place, stop by to find out how it can provide even more value with the addition of our ENVisionIT® real-time locating system and mVision® mobile app to your existing system.