Like many hospitals and businesses, controlling costs while maintaining and improving quality of care can be a challenge. What if you had an asset management tool that enabled you to quickly locate, track, monitor and respond in real time to fluctuations of equipment allocation? What if you had the ability to “right size your inventory” based on actual real time demands? What if you could quickly and easily locate the assets you need right when you need them? The next generation in Real Time Locating Solutions (RTLS) from Secure Care Products, LLC, is called ENVisionIT®. This solution enables you to gain such capabilities and so much more.
Gateway Regional Medical Center of Granite City, IL is a progressive hospital located just outside of St. Louis, MO. They are proud to be using the “next generation” approach in providing cost effective and quality medical care to its patients and staff. Gateway Regional Medical Center is committed to providing cost effective care in the most innovative way possible.
In keeping with its progressive nature, Gateway Regional Medical Center chose Secure Care Products to install its ENVisionIT RTLS system in their emergency department (ED) to manage certain assets and right-size inventory.
Upon installation, ENVisionIT quickly accomplished five key goals:
- Provided an easy-to-view floor plan-based interface showing the real time location of all costly assets in the ED to within +/- one foot of accuracy.
- Controlled asset shrinkage through the use of asset tags on equipment. This enabled easy locating on the floor plan, and also managed doors leading in and out of the ED unit by alarming or locking them depending on the asset type and location.
- Enabled dramatic improvements in staff time efficiency by eliminating wasted time spent searching for assets. Staff efficiency improvements ranged from 10-20% per shift. Such improvements allowed resources to better utilize their time on other more critical tasks.
- Inventory right-sized for all assets in the ED. Eliminated waste tied up in assets that were not needed for use in the ED and making them available where they were needed elsewhere in the hospital. Eliminating costs associated with having to purchase more equipment, and avoiding the costs associated with maintenance and calibration of additional equipment that isn’t truly needed.
- Cost savings realized due to the above demonstrated a return on investment in less than one year. This is due in large part to the reduced amount of hardware required to deploy the ENVisionIT product and the reduced installation costs.
Matt Blevins, Chief Operating Officer sees the use of ENVisionIT at Gateway Regional Medical Center as an invaluable business tool in reducing operating costs on both upon installation and on an annual basis. It optimizes the use of resources which improves patient care. According to Matt Blevins, “The team at Gateway Regional Medical Center is always looking for ‘next generation’ technology to provide an ever-increasing level of care for their patients. We see the ENVisionIT Real Time Locating Solution from Secure Care Products as yet another example of technology helping with patient care at Gateway Regional Medical Center.”
Find out how the ENVisionIT® Real Time Locating System can improve your facility!
Contact us today or request a quote
|Did you enjoy this blog post? Like, Follow and Tweet us!|
You can also join our email list to stay up to date with Secure Care Products